I just want the standard Spellbook item to no long stack so that I can use the Customize feature on each one to give it a spellcaster's name, and also to list out the spells contained within. This is a basic function of the pen and paper version of the game, described as being vital for Wizards to learn new spells outside of levelling up, but isn't included in DNDBeyond in any sane way. That's the basic function I want, but I'll also provide a best case version:
In the best case scenario I'd like to have a NEW Spellbook item that has the following unique item functionality:
- It would not stack with other Spellbooks, behaving more like weapons or magic items so that each spellbook can be made to be unique (as described above).
- It would contain a system for organizing and displaying a list of spells sorted by spell level and spell name in its item description (this can be title and level only so that it doesn't interact with the website's store systems to prevent potential exploits).
- It would allow the player or DM to add or remove spells in the book, as well as determine a title and author for each unique Spellbook (A player's starting spellbook may be able to be automatically authored by their character name).
- It would be labelled in the inventory as "Spellbook - [title]" such that they are all next to one another in the inventory that that it's easy to flip through them, and so they don't get scattered throughout the inventory.
- The spellbook would use the spell levels to roughly calculate a value for the book, potentially as a range of lowest to highest value based on the table provided in the DMG (This is a very low priority function in the request).
Anyway, that's the gist of it. The most important aspect that I want is that Spellbooks should just not stack so that we can use the item Customization system to add spells in the notes, and to override the item name for organization. That one change could make all of this possible, albeit in a much less convenient way. That's the core to this request.
Please sign in to leave a comment.