It would be great to have a game notes or journal section in the character sheet. It's hard to go back and find game information in the regular notes section, since there is no way to sort it. A journal that is searchable by date and also has a quest items log and NPC log would be most fantastic.
I've included all the other similar post information here as well, in an effort to combine. Big thanks to Daniel Clay Floyd.
Vrailful posted a request for a Campaign notes tab for house rules (or general campaign notes for example we use variant encumbrance, we allow the Critical role Blood Hunter class, no Half orcs, Duragar, Drow, or Tiefling player characters, we use investigation for traps and perception for patrols etc.) and homebrew rules (and pre approved options). I would perhaps suggest this as a second tab to the Session notes / Journal, then expand that with a third tab for Setting information with people and places, then expand that again with a fourth tab for campaign lore.
Ben Morrier posted requesting GM sharable notes, which I also recommended but I would add to that it could be a 5th campaign tab "GM Hand outs" with a drop down on each hand out with hidden or show to players with the ability to select which ones who can see it for image/notes the GM wants to keep hidden then give to one player or the group at specific moment for better storytelling. Also, the GM would have access to edit the other 4 tabs to add notes all players can see.
I also posted about role permissions which has some crossover with notes with the scribe role having edit permissions to Session notes / Journal, people&places, and campaign lore so that if the GM adds something on the fly the scribe can add it for the party. Perhaps the GM wants to do that and only gives the scribe session notes.
Campaign Page Notes Tabs:
1. Setting Rules (House and Variant, GM controlled)
2. Campaign Lore (GM controlled)
3. Campaign Setting (People and Places, GM controlled)
4. GM Inventory (Aka NPC stores and passable loot, GM controlled)
5. GM Hand outs (GM controlled)
6. Session Journal (Scribe controlled)
7. Task Board (Leader's "Quest Log" and Story Hook Reminders, visible to all but Leader controlled)
8. Party Inventories (Non-character inventories cart / mule/ bag of holding / Party Keep / Hidden Camp etc, Quartermaster controlled)
9. Party Coins and Gems (Valuable Art per DMG and other sell/trade only items, Party Treasurer controlled)
... I mean I guess this is also "Campaign Page Upgrade"
Please sign in to leave a comment.