Currently, running a Necromancer's a bit difficult when factoring in all the overhead work needed to created undead thralls. It's definitely part of the deal, but there's some quality of life stuff that would make life much easier for both the players and DM.
Below are the items I believe would be a huge boon to Necromancers and other classes centered around "summons":
- Add a category for Undead Thralls in the Extras section of the player sheet.
- Have creatures in the Undead Thralls category automatically update appropriate stats based on the Necromancer's Undead Thrall class feature. (Max HP is increased by the Wizard's level and Wizard's proficiency is added to weapon damage)
- Account for the possibility that the Undead Thrall was created by the Danse Macabre spell, which adds additional hit and damage modifiers to these specific undead.
- Allow players to roll for HP of their Undead Thralls in the Extras section while taking into account the HP bonus received from the class feature and apply it to the undead's info card. Ideally, this would be done with a button similar to the Hit and Damage roller buttons in spell and weapon actions.
- Allow players to add Undead Thralls from the spell itself, similar to how spell damage or charges can be controlled from the spell/item's info card. This way, a player could have their Undead Thralls added to the Extras section with the appropriate modifiers in place, especially when using the Danse Macabre spell.
- Allow players to add equipment to Undead Thralls. Currently, skeletons only start with a Shortsword, Shortbow, and Armor Scraps, but that won't be the case for all fallen foe. Being able to create an Undead Thrall, go to your equipment list, add the gear your DM says they had, clicking an option like "Assign to Skeleton #" or going to the skeleton itself and selecting available gear from a dropdown/checkbox, and having all of those modifiers calculated in the monster info card + Undead Thrall class feature modifiers would be exceptionally helpful!
- The previous item may also benefit from being able to display Undead Thrall attacks on the character's Actions list, but this may not be as necessary so long as the modifiers are correctly calculated on the undead's info card. Still, it would be a very helpful feature without removing the need for the undead info card.
While I wouldn't expect all of these items to be included, even just one of them would be a huge help! I hope it can be considered and implemented soon.
Please sign in to leave a comment.