The Wizards Spellbook is the most essential part of the class. Within the Player's Handbook, it states that Wizards often have multiple books. Some for everyday use, some for backups in case they lose their original. In my campaign, we take this seriously, for if I were to lose my main Spellbook, my available spells are diminished significantly. For this I suggest an optional page added, much like being able to switch Homebrew Content on or off.
Instead of having the current "Manage Spells" section that lumps all of your known spells together, we have customizable "Tabs".
The Tabs can be set up as follows:
1. Name of Spellbook
2. "Learned Spellbook" Add a checkmark box to indicate this book contains only learned spells. Another option would be to do this for each spell you have in every book.
3. Material/Description of Spellbook (option to add Magic Item Spellbooks ex: Enduring Spellbook)
4. Number of Pages within the book.
5. Pages per spell level. (We use 2 Pages per spell level)
6. The spell levels will work just as they do currently in "Manage Spells"
This would allow a much easier organization method for players and DMs to keep track of what spell is in what book. Just last session, my DM and I spent at least an hour to go through all of my books. Luckily it is a single player campaign so it did not affect anyone. Granted, you could do this outside of game however, most DnD players/DMs have little time to play to begin with. This feature would elevate the utility of DnD Beyond for Wizards significantly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.