Logging in and registering accounts:
- Depending on the platform, the app allows for 2-3 methods of logging in and 1-2 methods of signing up.
- For iOS devices you are able to sign in with Apple, Google, and Twitch while signing up for an account is limited to Apple and Google.
- For Android devices you are able to sign in with Google and Twitch while signing up for an account is limited to Google.
- If you create an account with Apple and then want to access the app on an Android device, you will need to link your account to a Google account via the website here: Account > My Account.
- Authentication depends on external services. This means that if you are experiencing issues with authentication there is a possibility that the issue is with the external service (Apple/Google/Twitch).
Are there more methods of authentication planned?
At this time, we don't have any more methods of authentication planed. However, we will be keeping an open mind in considering them for the future.
Do I need to be online to authenticate?
Yes, you do have to be online to authenticate and log into your account through the app. However, once you are logged in, the app will remember you until you sign out or remove the app from your device.
What happens if I try to sign in when I don't have a D&D Beyond account?
If you try to sign into the app with an account that does not exist, the app will automatically create a new account for you. At this time, there is no way to set one's username. The username is going to be automatically assigned on the basis of the email address used. You will need to change the username on the website.